Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Canyon Breeze...

This last weekend seemed like it passed just way to fast... I was really stoked to have a long weekend, seeing that I had the day off of work on Friday, and I also don't have any class on Fridays either. Well As fast as it came, it left again. Friday I had a fun day planned out for Lisa and I but an unfortunate turn of events made Us alter our plans and not accomplish the list activities that we were both looking forward too. Saturday came and resolved not to let the same thing happen, Lisa and I got going for the day, packed up our digital cameras, our old 110 film intamatic, our old Polaroid( yes, we have both, both function great, and they are fun to play with to get that older vintage look. Think back on your child hood and think of all the great moments captured with those types of cameras...) and headed up American Fork Canyon so that she could take some pictures and experience the changing of the leaves for the first time. The weather was great, and although we missed the prime leaves by a couple of weeks, we still had a fun time, a beautiful drive, and took a lot of pictures. This first one is one that we took in a little creek that we found after passing the summit and starting our decent down into Midway. For putting the camera on self timer and having to run over to get in the picture and try and manage not to fall in the creek that we were standing in, I think that it turned out quite nice. The next picture wasn't so tricky but the tree was an awesome flaming red and orange and this picture doesn't quite do it justice. The following two I just love of Lisa because it is her in her element doing what she loves to do, I also think that they just look really cool with her facing the whole canyon. How lucky I am to have such a beautiful place in my own backyard and I am even luckier to have and even more beautiful girlfriend to go out and experience and share it all with. I hope that you all had a great weekend as well and that this week brings you the best of luck with work, school, family, or whatever is on your plate. Much love to all and remember, when life gives you lemons, paint them gold!