Sunday, September 13, 2009

As my Birthday week comes to a close...


As my Birthday week comes to a close I have to say thank you to all of the people: friends, family, cousins, and acquaintances that wished be the best and dropped me a line. I really do appreciate it. I have to thank especially Lisa for making it such a great weekend. The picture above is us at the State fair on Saturday, it was a fun day. We started off by reminiscing, about being young by going up to Farmington and watching the little league team that my Dentist coaches play in a nostalgic Saturday morning football game. We then came home for a few and spent a little time with my parents and my little nephew Priest who kept us entertained. We than got everything together and headed over to the Salt Lake Greek festival where we met up with a few friends, and enjoyed, gyros, souvlaki, fresh feta cheese, Greek olives, and finished it all of with a box of Loukoumades. We then wasted no time and headed over to the State fair where we spent the rest of the afternoon looking at animals, soft serve ice cream ;), shops, art work, gimmicky attractions, the midway, rides, and also the shortest women in the world! We had a great time... Lisa decided that wasn't enough and topped off the evening by surprising me with fantastic unexpected birthday presents, and of coarse a fantastic sushi dinner; something that we both love. Lucky me is right, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it and thank Lisa for it. I have so much fun with her and she makes me so happy, it is almost unbelievable. I hope that everyone has a great week and when the time comes for you, a great birthday and that you can share it with someone that treats you as well as Lisa treats me. "Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
- Mark Twain

No comments: